12.28.2010

dear mom - a girl power guest post ♥

the ever so lovely ashley of the {heart} of life is good recently came up with this idea of a girl power guest post.  as soon as i saw it i knew i had to join in. 

me and my mom at our wedding rehearsal dinner 6-11-2010 (also my mom's birthday!!)

here is just a sneak peak...

Dear Mom,

I wanted to take the time to thank you for being the amazing person that you are. I could not have asked for a better mother, friend and role model. Every day I am grateful for our relationship...it is truly the most beautiful thing I could have ever asked for.

I have vivid memories of my childhood. I can remember how hard it was for you to raise me as a single working parent. Many nights were spent in the hospital because of my asthma, but I could always count on you to be by my side....

click here to see the rest and be sure to send your love to ashley.  she is fabulous!!

xoxo - lindsay

16 comments :

  1. This has inspired me to wrtie my own letter to my mom :) Amazing, thank you for sharing, can't wait to read the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet *tear*. Your mother is such a strong woman. And it's great to see that you two had a close relationship. :)

    Go Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how beautiful:) you all are so full of great inspiration! love it:) i sometimes wish i had more with my mom but i still love her to pieces and cherish what we do have....after all, they brought us to life! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i actually wrote a post to my mother...not sure if you read it before but if you want you can:) it's here!

    http://torijean.blogspot.com/2010/10/standing-beside-her.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww! thanks for the shout out linds!
    i love you lots!
    you're such an amazing woman!
    xoxo

    ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so precious!! i really enjoyed this, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really loved reading this. so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just read your complete post on Ashley's blog! You are a great writer, lady! I loved reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a lovely letter :)
    i love writing letters to loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww.. this is so sweet!! I LOVE posts like this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh and sweetie, have you added your city info to Location Central yet? It's where you can see who blogs by you. We're all on there!

    www.LocationCentral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great idea! Just love it :)

    Ps. I just found you via Hearted Girl! I'll definitely pop over for a visit again - looking forward to more of your posts! Heaps of good stuff here! :)

    Xo Mervi
    http://myfriendjules.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mom sounds truly great! Such a sweet post :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mother is soooo sweet....just like you!!!!xixi

    ReplyDelete