11.22.2011

shrimp salad circus


First, tell us a little about yourself. 

I like to think that I'm endlessly interesting person, but I'll spare you the details and stick with the highlights reel. I'm 5'10". I'm weirdly into my cats, Mish (pronounced \'mēsh\) and Rosco. I nickname things to within an inch of their lives (or in the case of all the inanimate objects, to within an inch of their very existences...). After college, I bought a one-way ticket to Guatemala and hoofed it down to Argentina - three months, nine countries, endless memories. I've been vegetarian for about five years, but I still don't really love tofu. Hablo Español, and I collect quotes. My favorite? "May you live every day of your life." -Jonathan Swift. It's a good reminder to live, not to simply exist.

How long have you been blogging?

I actually had to go look this up, and wow... Evidently I've been blogging for two and a half years now, since mid-2009. I can't believe it's been so long; it's just flown by! It's become such a regular part of my life that I don't even think twice about it anymore, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

What inspired you to create your blog?

I originally thought blogging would be a great marketing tool for my Etsy shop. It turns out that not the case. As you can see, my shop is rather dusty at the moment, but the blog is growing and flourishing. It has become a constant inspiration and a wonderful way to reach out to others who share my same loves. 

What things do you like sharing on your blog most?  Do you have a favorite post?

My favorite things to share on le Shrimp are usually my tutorials. I have so much fun making them, and it makes me keep finding new inspiration and new creative outlets. It's a great exercise in creativity! This guy is my favorite project of the moment. Sometimes though, sharing personal tidbits is really fun because I think readers really like to get to know the lady behind the blog. My favorite post/project of all time was my 100 Things to Do Before I Turn 25. I'm going to be 26 in a couple weeks, and I still haven't checked off some of that list!

What do you like to do most when you’re not blogging?

I love making something from nothing, whether that comes in the form of food, photography, art, or a good time! I love spending time with all the people I love (even the little furry people). More than most things, I love the feeling of waking up somewhere where I'm completely lost, can't understand the locals, and everything is completely, wonderfully new. You discover the best things when you're wandering, hopelessly lost, in a beautiful place on the other side of the world.

If you could live in any other decade, which would it be and why?

I'm actually going to take my decades as they come. As tempting as it is to be nostalgic for the glamour of the '20s or the free-spiritedness of the '60s, I love this moment. Right now. I love that I can mix fashions, styles, and sentiments at will, pulling from the best of every era. I enjoy making full use of all the rights I have today that I wouldn't have in another decade. I couldn't be happier with the way my life has come together as the '80s, '90s, and '00s (Zeroes? Really?) have passed, and I'm excited for the teens and '20s. We can have our own roaring twenties, right ladies?!

Current favorite blog reads?

Oooh - this question is absolutely killer. My blogroll is growing out of control, and I have so much trouble picking favorites. Right now though, I'm really loving I Still Love You - Melissa does some great tutorials. In Spaces Between is just beautiful, inspirational, and Rachel is one of the sweetest people. Finally (for now), I love Say Yes to Hoboken - Liz rounds up some great projects and goodies on the regular.





 all i can say is that this girl i simply fabulous...not only because her name is also lindsay and she ALSO spells it with an "A", but because her blogaroo is simply fantastic and i know you all will love it as well.  her content is diverse fun and filled with inspiration in every corner.  so get your bums moving and check this girlie out!



1 comment :