10.25.2011

dottie adele

 
First, tell us a little about yourself. 
My name is Valerie.  I live in New York City with my husband, Scott, who is in dental school, while I work a regular ol' 9 to 5 job and also own an Etsy shop called DottieAdele.  We're both transplants from Oklahoma, so we're trying to make the best of our time in this big, amazing city while we can!

How long have you been blogging?
I just passed my one-year mark in September!
 
What inspired you to create your blog?
I have been sewing my own clothing for the past couple of years, and I originally started blogging to participate in a blog challenge amongst other seamstresses to wear self-made garments everyday for a month.  I didn't know if I would keep blogging after that first month, but I enjoyed it so much, I did!

What things do you like sharing on your blog most?  Do you have a favorite post?
Although I started out talking mostly about sewing (and I still talk about it a lot), now my blog is also a record of our every day lives.  With both of our families and the majority of our friends hundreds of miles away, it's a great way to keep up.  On top of that, it's just fun to be able to look back and see what you were doing a year ago on the same date!

My favorite sewing post was 18 Yards of Great Silk Taffeta - I made all six bridesmaid dresses for one of my best friends' weddings, something I was so honored to do for her, and so proud of the end result!
Another favorite about our every day life was New England, Again - a little video I made about a trip Scott and I took with my parents to New England.

What do you like to do most when you’re not blogging?
Well, in case you couldn't tell by now...sewing!  I sew at least a little bit everyday, whether it's something for myself or for an order on my Etsy shop, DottieAdele.  I also like to cook and bake, and I have a serious love for television - the DVR is always full!

If you could live in any other decade, which would it be and why?
I might be cheating, but I want to live in the 2080's!  I was born in the 1980's, and I would love to fast forward and see what our world is like 100 years later.  The fashion, the technology, transportation, the state of the world - what will it all be like 70 years from now?  The world changes so much every day, I can't even imagine!

Current favorite blog reads?
I love Letters of Note - they post fascinating real-life correspondence every day.  Sometimes they are letters to or from famous people, humorous complaints, touching notes to children or parents.  It's always a poignant and inspiring addition to my day.

 

4 comments :

  1. loving her heart shaped waistbands skirts in her store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah yeah yeah! love me some Dottie Adele :) I have two pieces of clothing form their and I la love them both dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bethani - i agree, the heart-shaped waistband skirts are lovely! i bought one a couple weeks ago.

    i've got my eye on the dolman sleeve knit dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your interview questions were wonderful. The way she answered them was delightfully fun to read. I'm gonna go say hello. I also love sewing but am really just learning so I'm excited to explore her blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete