5.04.2011

in her shoes - a feature with a happy girl

good morning friends!  i hope your wednesday is off to a fantastic start :)  i am bringing you a new in her shoes feature with the beautiful tahnie of a happy girl....here is a day in her shoes

------------------------------------

• what motivates you to get your day started?

This is a cliche, but my truth: my daughter. We never thought we would be parents due to my health and the fact only 5 other women in the world with my disease (Cystinosis) have been able to bring children into this world. Her precious face and innocent, yet so critical daily needs inspire me to get out of bed on the days when I feel absolutely horrible. It is as simple as that; she needs me.



• what part of your day do you most look forward to and why?

Play time with S when I let the rest of the world fall away; I focus on her and truly being present in the moment. The piles of laundry, dirty dishes and messy floors can wait while I soak up blissful time with the little miracle I am honored to raise.




I also get giddy for the time I get to spend on my Stella & Dot jewelry business. www.stelladot.com/tahnie


• what do you like most about where you live?


(Utah) The abundance of beauty in nature all around me...the mountains! When I went to Europe years ago I was away for two weeks and it was surprising to me how much my soul ached to see those majestic beauties outside every day. I don't take them for granted anymore.

• what part of your day is the most difficult and what do you do to overcome that?


Most mornings are difficult. I tend to have terrible morning sickness type symptoms because of an awful medication I'm on. I ache to just jump out of bed and start my day bursting with energy, but that has never been my life. I physically feel the worst in the mornings. If I let myself dwell on it too long I start to feel like a horrible mother. However, I overcome it by giving S some books and slowly easing myself into the day so my system isn't entirely shocked and annoyed.


• what do you love most about yourself today?

That I face my fears every day with joy and light. In some ways I am living out one of my biggest worries (being sick and dealing with pain while raising my daughter), and yet I capitalize on the time I do have with her. There are so many lessons I have to teach her. I want her to see the love in the world, the magic in an imagination, and the good everyone.

2 comments :