3.16.2011

in her shoes - a feature with our one sweet world

hello lovelies!  can you believe it's wednesday already?  today i have two fabulous in her shoes features to share with you all.  first off is a dear friend i have made in blogging land she goes by *s of our one sweet world i simply adore her and think you will too!  here is a day in her shoes!

what motivates you to get your day started?
The smell of fresh coffee brewing and waking up knowing I get to see two handsome faces (my husband & son) and a steamy hot shower is enough to motivate me to get my day started.
      
what part of your day do you most look forward to and why?
Honestly there are several parts of the day that I most look forward to, so here goes.....
Waking up and knowing that I get another day here to watch my son grow and to be the best wife I can.
Giving my son & husband sugar (kisses, hugs & I love you's) before we all start our day.
The end of the work day...knowing I'm going home and getting to spend quality time with my family.
Tucking my son into bed and not because I want him to go to sleep, but because I enjoy getting those last evening snuggles in.
& night time snuggles with my hubby and being able to stick my cold feet on him. He's an awesome warmer-upper!  {yes a new word, created by yours truly, ha!}
& lets not forget about all the wonderful blogs I visit & read that are funny, lovely, charming & inspiring... and of course the conversing with blogger friends. It warms my heart.

what do you like most about where you live?
I love that the ocean is just a few hours away. Especially in the summers when it's super hot in the city I live in and I can just hop in the car and drive a little ways and feel the coolier breezier air. I just love it! Monterey/Pacific Grove, San Francisco & Bodega Bay are all within a few hours & happen to be some of my favorites to visit. Monterey is my most favorite though! ;).  You see I'm an ocean lover so is the hubby, we even married on a CA beach & hope to someday move near the Ocean. The Oregon Coast to be exact! While I love love love the California Ocean's, there is just something different about the pace of life in Oregon that is really more our speed & the cost of living is much much cheapier too!

Goat Rock Beach - Bodega Bay, CA

 Pacific Grove, CA - One of my favorite ocean hangouts.

what part of your day is the most difficult and what do you do to overcome that?
The most difficult part of my day is being at work. I loathe my job for many reasons. It wasn't always this way. But as of late as much as it pains me to say it.... it's true.  I am not sure I overcome this at all. But I try to remember with the ecomony in the state that it is, that I am lucky to have my job and the great benefits. I also remind myself frequently what I'm here for and think about what I get to go home to, keeps me moving right along.

what do you love most about yourself today?
Well this is a toughy. But I'll take a stab at it....I think what I love most about myself today is that I have stuck with getting heathier, making better choices & have lost a total of 34lbs to date. I struggle somedays. But most days I wake up thankful for the accomplishment I've made.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

thank you girlie for sharing your shoes with us!  now head on over to her little corner and make a new friend.  coming up later today are the shoes of the ever so lovely mel of your perfect peace!

2 comments :

  1. Oh man, two of my FAVORITE bloggers! :) *S that place in California is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting my feature lovely. You're the best as always!

    ReplyDelete